Why patients should consider visiting a biological dentist in the Dothan area
The smile is a very important asset for many Dothan area patients. It can make or break first impressions. Healthy, beautiful teeth can also give patients the confidence they need to enhance their business and personal relationships. It is what most people see when they first meet another person. When patients think of keeping their smile healthy and beautiful, they of their dental professional, Dr Nathan Pfister. Regular dental appointments, cleanings, and examinations may come to mind. However, sometimes, dental care is more than just the view of the teeth on the surface. Dental care also includes the health of the oral cavity and the rest of the body. Dr Nathan Pfister, biological dentist of Biodentist Alabama, understands the oral systemic connection and he knows how dental materials and infection can negatively affect how you feel and the health of the rest of the body.
A biological dentist is a dentist who understands the link between the mouth and overall health. Biological dentistry is focused on the connection that is made with the mouth and body. Whenever non-biocompatible materials are used in the mouth, it can irritate the immune system and carry the effect into the rest of the body. For example, the unsafe removal and use of silver amalgam fillings carries serious risk. Silver amalgam fillings are fabricated with approximately 50 percent mercury. Mercury is a toxic substance, and when heated during eating and brushing, and removal it releases mercury including mercury vapor which can be found in the rest of the body. This is unsafe. Instead, our practice focuses on the safe handling of mercury and the use of biocompatible materials such as composite resin bonding and ceramics for treating cavities that may occur.
A biological dentist such as Dr Nathan Pfister is here to help Dothan area patients take good care of their smiles and their health with holistic care. If you want to learn about the advantages of biological dentistry, also known as holistic dentistry, we encourage you to book a consultation appointment with our team of professionals here at Biodentist Alabama. By understanding how improving your oral health can improve the health of your body, you may realize that regular dental care and appropriate treatments are done with your body as a whole in mind!
Back to Home Page
- Dothan, AL Patients Fight Periodontal Disease and Preserve Heart Health
- Information for patients in Dothan AL on the effects of mercury on inflammation and autoimmunity
- Oral health and depression: The connection, explained by your biological dentist of Dothan, AL
- Dentist in Dothan, AL area offers treatment for pediatric obstructive sleep apnea
- Dentist in Dothan, AL offers zirconia dental implant services
- Dentists in Dothan, AL explain what to expect after getting ceramic dental implants
- Dothan, AL dentists describe Z-Systems ceramic dental implants for tooth replacement
- Find TMJ headache relief with a Dothan, AL area dental team
- TMJ pain treatment available in Dothan, AL
- Dothan, AL dentists talk about TMJ disorder and headaches
- Finding a TMJ dentist near me in Dothan, AL
- Dothan, AL dentist solves smile issues with crowns for teeth
- A fresh approach to TMJ disorder treatment in Dothan, AL
- TMJ dental treatment in Dothan, AL helps headache sufferers
- What is TMJ disorder treatment with a specialist in Dothan, AL?
- Why patients should consider visiting a biological dentist in the Dothan area
- Benefits of a holistic dentist taking care of smiles in the Dothan community